Re: COMPATIBILITY flag

From: Satar <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 22:26:04 GMT

My apologies once again. It turns out I was wrong. Here is what will happen if you try to reverse the compatibility flag:

ORA-00201: control file version 7.3.4.0.0 incompatible with ORACLE version 7.1.0 .0.0 ORA-00202: control file: '/oracle/oradata/ora7/control01.ctl' SVRMGR> So, once the compatibility flag is set to a certain version, you can not go back to a lower version. Again, my apologies...Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Regards,
Satar
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
"Opinions are the result of the voices in my head only, and do not reflect my employer or Oracle Corporation."