Re: multiple databases on the same server?

From: Jennifer L. Mead <meadj_at_ci.portland.or.us>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 14:45:47 -0700

George,

Yes. It is definitely possible. Exactly how many I am not sure. We have
seven currently running on our one server. And yes all of their sids have
got to be unique as well as database names. It would also be useful to split them across disks and disk controllers. Otherwise if they all access
at once then you could bottleneck. That might not be an issue in a class-
room environment (might give them some real world configuration issues to
ponder).

Jennifer Mead