OCI returning bind

From: Simeon Bailey <s.bailey_at_astracon.com.au>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 12:46:01 +0800

Hey :),

    I am attempting to: insert into tablename (empty_clob()) returning clobcol into :val1

Oracle doc says:

Binding RETURNING...INTO variables
3.The icbfp parameter of OCIBindDynamic() call should provide a "dummy" function which returns NULL values when called. ...

When I do this with SQL_INT's it works fine, however when I do this with SQLT_CLOB's OCIExec core dumps.

Does anyone have any example code that does what I am trying? Any comments would also be appreciated.

Many Thanks
S. Received on Sun Apr 04 1999 - 23:46:01 CDT