Re: Where to get sql unload

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 23:25:58 GMT

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999 12:18:43 +0800, "Kenny Leow" <kennyg_at_singnet.com.sg> wrote:

>Recenlty, I had attended the Oracle Open World and they had mentioned about
>using sql unload as a better way to backup your data rather than export. Can
>anyone tell me where to get the command? I had tried searching in my
>database but couldn't find it. Is this a new utility???

There is no SQL*Unload utility. I think you must have misunderstood something. When I backup my databases, I do two things. First I copy the files to tape. Then I do an export. If I need to restore the database, I go to the tape. If someone accidentally blows away a table, and wants it restored, I go to the export file.

Jonathan Received on Sat Apr 03 1999 - 17:25:58 CST