Re: CURSORS AND ROLLBACK SEGMENTS

From: Johnny <johnny.verhoeven_at_village.uunet.be>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 23:20:48 +0200

It is not as simple as that.

Rollbacks are used for read consitancy. The fact that you commit does not recude the need for RBS as other transactions may need the data from before your commit.

In your case you sould not only do a commit but also close the cursor, reopen and reposition on the last trated record+1.

30,000 rows is not mutch, I would increase rollback space and not bother with intermediate commits. (6GB of diskspace installed is about the same cost as a day of programming).

Good luck,

Johnny Verhoeven