%type in proc doesnt work

From: Ed Zappulla <zappullae_at_rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 08:16:37 -0500

Looks like I've found a problem in 8.0.5. I have a table with an id col as number(12). I reference the column in a proc as resv.resv_id%type. From all_tab_columns resv_id is a number with precision 12 and scale 0. The proc thinks its float with precision 12 scale 0. inconsistent.

The problem I have is when I look at this with Java database metadata. I get back an "other" type for the proc instead of a number type. This messes up all the operations.

Any ideas?

...Ed Received on Fri Apr 02 1999 - 07:16:37 CST