Oracle8: Linux vs Solaris

From: Bertrand Renuart <bertrand.renuart_at_itma.lu>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 11:51:20 +0200

Hi everybody,

I'm currently looking for information regarding Oracle8 performance on Linux and Solaris...
Does someone have some experience with both systems? Where can I find such information?

I've been told that multi-threading under Solaris is far better than Linux, specially for I/O intensive applications. Could it be a bottleneck for database performance on Linux ?

Comments are welcome.
Bertrand Received on Fri Apr 02 1999 - 03:51:20 CST