multiple databases on the same server?

From: George <news_at_lemont.rice.iit.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 05:44:56 GMT

Does anyone know if it is possible to create multiple separate databases on the same server?

I'm trying to use Oracle 8.0.5 in a classroom (running on Solaris). I would like to split the students into groups and have each group manage (or at least access) their own private database that can't be accessed by students in the other groups.

Is this possible? From what I know, this sounds like each group would need a separate Oracle instance SID.

Thanks for any info,

George