ConText - Updating tables

From: Richard Murphy <rmurphy_at_lbpc.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 16:54:01 -0600

Wondering if anyone knows the most efficient way to load and/or delete rows into a table that has a couple of ConTexted columns. The two columns are just name (max. length 50) columns - not external files. The table has approx. 4 million rows. Nightly I am inserting/deleting between 10,000 - 50,000 records. Without ConText the procedure takes less than 3 minutes. With the ConText/Soundex indexes, the process takes 50 minutes. We have to do this on five tables a night, so the extra time will add up.

Oracle 8.0.5 , ConText 2.3.6, on VMS.

Thanks for any insight, Richard. Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 16:54:01 CST