Re: What happens if I restart a listener

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 22:12:50 +0200

Hi Andy,

None. The listener is a broker only. There is no connection between clients and the listener as soon as a dedicated server process has been started or the dispatcher has been contacted. There is only a very small chance a client tries to connect during the short period the listener is not operational. BTW the reload command in lsnrctl should do this in one shot, just like startup open force with the database.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA