Re: Calculating average row len in Oracle

From: DBAS <dbas_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 17:33:56 +0100

Hi Kenny,

The size of the table reflects the size of the first extent and then any subsequent extents allocated to it and most likely will not resemble the number of rows and average row length (unless the table is completely full and about to extend, in which case it may be close. The size of the table is going to be the equivalent (or at least close to) the number of blocks allocated to the table.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Dave