insert multiple records

From: <lfoley_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 00:00:26 GMT

I'm using oracle's thin jdbc driver and Oracle 8 on Solaris. I need to read records from a file and insert them into a database table. Is there a way to insert multiple records in one command?

The only way I've managed to get this to work is to read a line from the file and do an insert into tablename values ( ... ) read the next line, insert, etc.

I'm looking for a way to import the records in the file into the table, or a way to put multiple records in the insert command

Thanks for any help.