Re: Help: Settle an argument regarding EXTENTS

From: <jdbeckerle_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 23:27:11 GMT

I have read this discussion with great interest, and will read the Cary Millsap paper shortly, but let me put out this simple question:

Does anyone know the maximum size of an extent in Oracle 7.3.4 on Windows NT 4.0?

The only documentation I can find is that files are limited to 2**22 blocks, or 8GB for 2k blocks. But I can't seem to make an extent larger than 2047MB.

I will now go read the paper to find out why I shouldn't even bother trying.

John