Re: question regarding NFS mounted devices

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 22:22:14 +0200

I wouldn't even consider it. The writing of log files needs to run smoothly always, as writing the log is done before any change is committed to the database. Network mounted drives will always be slower than ordinary drives. I would strongly advise against doing this, and I didn't even consider the possibility of the remote system going down, which will crash the database, and cause problems on the most vital files there are.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA