Re: Using Database Assistant from Client

From: <kishoo_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 19:17:37 GMT

if u have used Oracle Database Assistant on client workstation to connect to local databases, u can use the service name in additon to the username/passwd to connect to remote databases qualified by the service name. Ex: username/passwd_at_servicename. First try & connect to the remote database thru SQL*Plus using the service name, then use the Oracle Database Assistant. I think it should work.
Kishoo.