Re: New Instance Creation

From: Mike Burden <michael.burden_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:08:53 +0000

The previous message might be right as I've never used AIX. So this may be totally off the mark.

On solaris you can use Oracle installer to create any number of instances. The problem is the installer is a bit confusing. You have to (or at least go through the process of) re-installing Oracle. Select that you want to create a new database and then install Oracle 8 again. The new instance will be created for you. Oracle 8 will not be re-installed.