Can OAS apps load Java .properties files?

From: David Smith <drsmithjunk_at_nycap.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 07:20:10 GMT

I'm writing an OAS app with Java (JWeb cartridge). It mostly works fine, but I can't get the app to load a .properties file.
(I want to put all my localizable strings into a .properties file.)

In other apps I've written (stand-alone Java apps), I have no problems loading .properties files. There's nothing tricky to it, I just use techniques that are documented in various Java books, like Core Java and Java in a Nutshell. You have a resource bundle object, and call, um... getBundle I think it is.
(Sorry, I don't have my books or my source code in front of me.)

SO why is it that in stand-alone Java apps, I have no problems using resource bundles to load the strings from a .properties file, but the same technique just doesn't work in an OAS app? Do OAS apps have to do something special to load .properties files?

Thanks for any insights
-Dave

p.s. To reply by direct email, remove "junk" from my address. Received on Wed Mar 31 1999 - 01:20:10 CST