Using Database Assistant from Client

From: <olahs_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 20:37:49 GMT

I am working with a contract DBA. He would like to use the Oracle Database Assistant on his client workstation to Create, Delete and Modify databases on our Oracle 8.0.5 server. Is this possible? I know how to use the Database Assistant to create, modfy & delete local databases, but can it do the same with remote databases? We have configured and tested the service names using the Net8 Assistant and all other utilities connect fine (SQL*Plus, etc). All I really need to know is if this is even possible. This contractor is an Oracle DBA and he is not sure. I know even less. Any help would be greatly appreciated.