Re: import dump into database

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:50:55 -0800

wendy ng wrote:

> Hello,
> I am importing a dump file using Oracle Enterprise Manager where I logged in
> as 'system/manager_at_alias name'. However, becoz the dump file is exported
> not using the same but as a user, I am having warning messages such as
> 'Database is exported by "username", not by you'; meaning not as
> system/manager. Although I know I need to delete the repositories later, is
> there any other way where I can
> 1). still log in as 'system/manager'
> 2). import the dump that is exported by some other user
> 3). specify the fromuser / touser (like in Unix)
> Please help, I a newbie interms of NT platform matters....
> Many thks,
> wendy ng

As you said, it's a warning message. As an ordinary user, you cannot import a full database export, for instance, because it requires privileges usually associated with DBAs, and to import data from somebody else you need fromuser=... touser=... But as a DBA you can do whatever you want, even if you are not the original DBA. All DBAs are equal (although SYS is more equal than the others). --
Regards,

  Stéphane Faroult
  Oriole Corporation

http://www.oriolecorp.com, designed by Oracle DBAs for Oracle DBAs