Q:How to setup a second database

From: Bernd Maierhofer <BerndM_at_dato.at>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:10:18 +0200

My first database works perfectly well, in connecting to a second one, I fail. maybe someone of you can tell me, what I am missing: Server: SQLSERVER, 198.12.1.2, WinNT, Oracle 8.05 Database 1: Name: DB_A, SID: ORCA, Protokoll TCP/IP, Port 1512 Database 2: Name: DB_B, SID: ORCB, Protokoll TCP/IP, Port 1512 Both NT services are up and running.

Connecting to DB_B fails with: TNS listener could not resolve given SID. If I choose BEQ as protocol, it works ok.

Thank you for any input!

Bernd Maierhofer - dato Denkwerkzeuge
EDV-Projekte & Consulting Received on Tue Mar 30 1999 - 08:10:18 CST