ORA-1485 Error & OCI

From: Taylor Corey <tcorey_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 05:49:50 GMT

I'm trying to call a stored procedure in Oracle 7.3 using the OCI.

The steps are rather simple:

  1. Create a string which holds a PL/SQL block.
  2. Tell the OCI to parse the string.
  3. Bind the params.
  4. Execute the stored proc.
  5. Bind to the out params.

One of the in params is a 'TABLE OF VARCHAR2(35)' and I pass in an array of strings. However, the stored proc returns a 1485 error which says the bind length of the param and the execute length were different. I still get info back in the out param. Is 1485 a warning or is it a problem that needs to be fixed?

I don't know if this is related but a second stored proc I am trying to call has all of the above behavior but sometimes causes my program to gpf. Sometimes the return value from the stored proc will be 0 but the program will still gpf. I am at a loss as to how to proceed to correct the problem. If I change the 'TABLE OF VARCHAR2' in params to an array of 1 string, there are no problems. An array of 2 or more strings creates a problem.

I am using Smalltalk, win 95, ora 7.2 DLLs, and Oracle 7.3 on the server. The same problem occurs with the oracle 7.3 DLLs. Thanks.

--tc

 http://www.newsfeeds.com/ The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
-----------== Over 66,000 Groups, Plus a Dedicated Binaries Server ==----------