Re: how do i start oracle and instance in nt server?

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:18:39 +0800

Wendy,

You don't say where you are trying to connect from, but presumably it is SQL*Plus.

Try opening a Server Manager session; START -> RUN -> CMD -> SVRMGR23 or SVRMGR30 depending upon Oracle7 or Oracle8.

Then connect internal/password followed by STARTUP.

C:\ > SVRMGR23
SVRMGRL> connect internal
Password: {password}
Connected.
SVRMGRL> STARTUP This will start the database up, or give you some form of error message that should guide you in the correct direction. I am assuming that there is only one Oracle database on this machine, otherwise setup the Oracle Environment before running svrmgr23.

Hope this helps
Andrew