Re: post-install catrep.sql?

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:01:10 +0800

To answer the questions,

  1. catrep.sql like all the other cat*.sql scripts should be run from within Server Manager (svrmgrl).

$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin
$ svrmgrl
SVRMGRL> connect internal
connected.
SVRMGRL> @catrep.sql

However, you only need to run this if you need and bought Oracle Replication.

2. Oracle patches are delivered, when you find the problem, but you can download Oracle Patchsets, which move the version of Oracle by increments of 1.0. The Patchsets can be found from the Oracle Metalink site ( www.oracle.com/support ), and Solaris is currently at v8.0.5.1.0.

Hope this helps,
Andrew Babb