post-install catrep.sql?

From: Tom Mornini <tmornini_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 02:30:42 GMT

I just installed 8.0.5.0.0 and have a few questions for the gurus:

  1. Page 4-3 of the Oracle8 Installation Guide for Sun SPARC Solaris 2.x manual says that I need to "run" catrep.sql. This is NOT a shell script, so how do I run it?
  2. Page 4-9 says to apply any required Oracle patches. Where would I get these patches (I'm guessing www.oracle.com!) and does anybody happen to know if 8.0.5.0.0 does indeed require patches? There are an aweful lot of zeros in that version number... :-)
    • Tom Mornini
    • InfoMania