Re: ........H.E.LP. .M.E. .P.L.E.A.S.E............

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:44:30 +0800

Within SQL*Plus you could use the SQLPLUS command BREAK.

Assuming that you have a STUDENT_ID, which is the column you want to break on (read new page) you could write the SQL*Plus script file as follows;

BREAK ON STUDENT_ID SKIP PAGE
SET PAGES 60
SET NEWPAGE 0
SET LINES 132
SET FEEDBACK OFF HEADING ON PAUSE OFF etc...

SELECT STUDENT_ID

     , COURSE
     , GRADE

  FROM COURSE
 ORDER BY STUDENT_ID, COURSE... Now each STUDENT_ID will appear on it's own page, but make sure that you order by the STUDENT_ID, because a new page comes every time the STUDENT_ID column changes in value.

Rgds
Andrew