Re: Help: Settle an argument regarding EXTENTS

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:39:01 +0800

Allan,

Just saw that it's the Sys Admins not wanting to use striping, is their a reason for this (at the hardware level)? If given the chance, I would use the striping to speed the application up, at the risk of resilience. Also, is the application I/O intensive, or could you get away with RAID 5 for resilience.

Andrew