Re: Oracle8 v. Oracle8 Enterprise

From: Christopher M. Day <christopher.day_at_rdbms.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:41:29 +0100

Brad,

I presume your DW requirement is a marketing one, therefore producing quick counts etc ? If this is correct then you would want to utilise bitmap indexes available with the enterprise edition.

If you are expecting between 50 to 80 CONCURRENT users then I would negotiate with Oracle for a network licence. This would work out cheaper than 50x$1200.

Chris.