Re: Listener memory leak

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 12:59:35 -0800

Tony

A couple of possibilities:

  1. Are you using the OEM events database us/down, listener up/down etc? If so, try removing them and see if you still have the problem. If not, call Support.
  2. Are you using the USE_PLUG_AND_PLAY_LISTENER setting in your listener.ora file? If so, turn it off and see if you still have the problem. If not, again call support.

HTH. Pete

tony.rodgers_at_cox.com wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced a slow Net8 listener memory leak? We're running
> Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 on Sun Solaris, and aren't really experiencing any problems
> other than we noticed our listener process had grown to about 200 MB in size.
> When we stopped and re-started the listener, it went back down to about 11MB.
> It's not a major problem, but we do have to keep an eye on it. Just wondering
> if anyone else has seen this.
>
> Best regards,
> Tony Rodgers

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                             Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA