Re: Q:Connect to Database SSLLOOWW

From: Kelly Young <young_at_maricopa.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 13:59:26 -0700

Bernd Maierhofer wrote:

> Any info for the following would be appreciated:
>
> I just did an install of Oracle 8 Enterprise Server on an NT machine and the
> setup of the Oracle Clinet on an Win95 machine.
> When trying to connect via SQL*Net to the Oracle-Db on the client,
> there are about 5 Minutes delay after whch the connect succeeds. The connect
> from teh server succeeds immediately. Maybe there is a problem in the config
> of the Oracle client or server, but I am not sure.
>
> Do you have any hint on this?
>
> Bernd Maierhofer - dato Denkwerkzeuge
> EDV-Projekte & Consulting

The problem that you describe is very similar to a problem reported in Oracle 7.3. That is, the SQL Trace Facility was causing slow SQLnet connections. The solution was to disable this function by inserting the following statement in the listener.ora file:

(ENVS='EPC_DISABLE=TRUE') For example:

(SID_DESC =

  (SID_NAME =
  (ORACLE_HOME =