Re: SQL Loader and multiple tables

From: Michael Rothwell <michael_rothwell_at_non-hp-usa-om46.om.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:31:40 -0800

gremlin wrote:

> I would try a Perl script of some kind to
> 1) Read the first line
> 2) Generate the sequence value
> 3) Make a quick little sqlldr ctl and dat file and get sqlldr to enter the
> data into the first table
> 4) Have the Perl script read in each line of the second file and replace some
> dummy field with the sequence value
> 5) Write out the line to a new slldr dat file
> 6) Make the second ctl file
> 7) call sqlldr for that file.
>
> This won't work really if you have lots of data and little disk space though.
> Can it be done with triggers on the first table?
>
> Good luck,
> Mike

I had thought about a trigger to do it. That may be what I end up doing, I was just wondering if there was a feature within Loader that would do the job.

Michael.
--
Michael A. Rothwell
Oracle DBA/Oracle Web Applications Developer

Views expressed here are not those of my company No - Actually - Since I am independent, They are the views of my company. Received on Mon Mar 29 1999 - 13:31:40 CST