Library Linking Problem

From: <ihgaitan_at_equiva.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:54:44 GMT

i maintain an application called TRAYS running on various unix computers, which uses a 4gl called cqcs, along with oracle. we link STARGAUGE/STARBASE libraries into shared libraries which are called at runtime.

since moving to Oracle version 7.3.4, we get the following error at runtime:

dynamic linker: csrun_s: relocation error: symbol not found: snmspProcs Killed

to get around this, we are "two tasking"...i.e: using oracle version 7.3.4 executables, but linking with the older 7.3.(2 or 3) libraries. this is undesireable, as it forces us to keep the older rev(s) of oracle around.

what is snmspProcs? what might require its loading?