SQL Worksheet / Oracle Threads

From: <htsauto_at_globalserve.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 13:43:23 -0500

Hi,

I am running Oracle 7 Server on WinNT 4.0 server. I am doing work on the server in the SQL Worksheet. If a client application tries to connect to the database the application will hang until I close the SQL Worksheet program on the server. Then the client application continues no problem. Any idea why the client would hang while SQL worksheet is open??

I also notice that there are 13 threads running for Oracle73.exe in my task manager. Why so many threads? About 5 more seem to be created everytime an application is started that uses Oracle but only one of the threads get killed when the appliation stops. Is there any way to kill the threads myself?

Any help on either of the above will be greatly appreciated!

Jenn :) Received on Mon Mar 29 1999 - 12:43:23 CST