SQLLOADER fails

From: <andrea_johnson_at_wolfe.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:44:14 GMT

ORACLE 8.04/solaris

I'm really at a loss. Please give me some in depth feedback because I do not understand why this seemingly simple load fails.

I'm trying to load some 18,000 records.

The .dat file is tab delimited

Using direct=true

The process starts and then just hangs--never completing--I've been killing the process manually through the O/S.

I've removed the table and recreated it without an index--thinking it was the sorting that was causing the problem. At this point the table is empty--but eventually I'll need to replace the data with future loads.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG! Where can I look to see what I've messed up/configured incorrectly...(thanks in advance)

This is my .ctl file:

LOAD DATA
INFILE '/oracle/or0/SQL-load-files/customermaster/CLIENTS-CONVERT.dat' TRUNCATE
DISCARDMAX 18000
INTO TABLE pub.customermaster
FIELDS TERMINATED BY X'09'
( account
,email
,lastName
,firstName
,companyName NULLIF companyName=BLANKS
,billTo NULLIF billTo=BLANKS
,billAddress
,billCity NULLIF billcity=BLANKS
,billState NULLIF billState=BLANKS
,billZip NULLIF billzip=BLANKS
,Address
,City NULLIF City=BLANKS
,State NULLIF State=BLANKS
,Zip NULLIF Zip=BLANKS
,dayPhone
,evePhone NULLIF evePhone=BLANKS
,fax NULLIF fax=BLANKS
,preferPhone NULLIF preferPhone=BLANKS
,billNotify NULLIF billNotify=BLANKS
,paymentMethod NULLIF paymentMethod=BLANKS
,platform NULLIF platform=BLANKS
,homePOP
,source NULLIF source=BLANKS
,activationdate DATE "yyyymmdd" NULLIF activationdate=BLANKS
,comments NULLIF comments=BLANKS
,salesperson NULLIF salesperson=BLANKS
,doneBy
,deactivationdate DATE "yyyymmdd" NULLIF deactivationdate=BLANKS
,lastProvider NULLIF lastProvider=BLANKS
,socSec NULLIF socSec=BLANKS
,birthDate DATE "yyyymmdd" NULLIF birthDate=BLANKS
,billlastname NULLIF billlastname=BLANKS
,billfirstname NULLIF billfirstname=BLANKS
)