Re: PO 7.3.4 SQL*Net question

From: Tuomas Hosia <hosia_at_lut.fi>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:14:27 GMT

Harry Boswell <hboswell_at_lance.netdoor.com> kirjoitteli seuraavaa:

>Harry Boswell <hboswell_at_lance.netdoor.com> wrote:
>: I've got PO 7.3.4 installed and running on a WinNT 4.0 system, and
>: I've also got it installed and running on a Win98 system. Both of
>: these are configured for TCP/IP and are functioning on the network.
>: I need to be able to connect from the NT system to the Win98 system
>: via SQL*Net. Can this be done?

Shouldn't be a problem. I haven't tried, though.

>Can someone help me with config
>: issues? I've tried the SQL*Net Easy COnfiguration, but I can't
>: make the connection.
>
>A followup, this is the message I get when I try to connect:
>
>ORA-03121 no interface driver connected - function not performed

Connecting end doesn't have (Oracle's) tcp-ip adapter installed or you didn't give database alias when you tried to connect.

Check installation and sqlnet.ora and try to connect with username/password_at_database_alias

Tuomas
--

hosia_at_lut.fi(Tuomas Hosia) DoD#1684   \ On paljon hauskempi olla pakanana,
Lappeenranta University of Technology \ ei tarvitse koskaan olla vakavana.