Re: LONG in table ?

From: Giorgio <G.Sorbara_at_fake.soft.it>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:48:17 +0200

Hi,

I had the same problem.
Check the execution plan for the query !! As far as i know LONG columns are stored within the object segment, so if the
execution plan for that query is 'full table scan' oracle has to fetch all the blocks
within the segment.
Force oracle, with hints in your statement, to use the primary key.

Giorgio

[...]