Becoming another user using Oracle's OCI

From: Viewer <bmotzer_at_spacestar.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 14:47:36 -0600

Fellow DBA's,

I know that there are 3rd party tools that can connect as any user if they have the become user
privilege. As a DBA I believe that Oracle should have had this feature available in sqlplus as well a long time ago. I've seen 3rd party tools connect as other users and I also know that they are doing this through OCI (Oracle's call interface). The question is what command are they issuing and how are they issuing it? Any information that could lead me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks Received on Sun Mar 28 1999 - 14:47:36 CST