Re: Change column size

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 19:36:32 -0500

Generally, the alter table modify (whatever NUMBER(10,2)) will work. Whenever you are increasing the precision or making the field larger, you won't have a problem. If you are making it smaller, you will always have a problem. If you are making it smaller you will have to clean out the table first, even if the data complies with the new criteria.