listener 8

From: Julio Peixoto <cjulio_at_originet.com.br>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 06:17:06 -0800

I've changed the server version to 8. the listener process start working with whole cpu time. I've returned
to listener 2.3, and I'm working with this listenter with an oracle8 server. what am I loosing?
what are possible problems? I've observed some ligth differences of behavior of some forms.
They are working different with oracle8 than it did with Oracle7. for instance:
I had a procedure to set transaction use rollback segment. At the forms a commit was issued and then a call to the procedure. It worked fine with version 7,
but it doesn't work with version 8. it returns a "set transaction use rollback segment must be the first
statement on a transaction"
What is happening?
Thanks in advance