Re: OAS: Virtual directory... cartridge - listener

From: XU <xux_at_informa.bio.caltech.edu>
Date: 27 Mar 1999 18:52:22 GMT

In PL/SQL cartridge, you need to define a PL/SQL agent. The agent is the bridge between the listener and the DAD (Database Access Descriptor). In creating the PL/SQL agent, you get to select the listener by port numbers. If you have a listener running at port 8000, you can select 8000 in the agent creation form (you also get to choose which DAD to use for that particular agent). Once defined, the virtue dir mapping is done, and you only need to do it once (unless you want to use more than one agent to communicate with a single DAD), and you can develop the OAS applications in the users schema that the DAD has access to.

The whole scheme is somewhat confusing if you came straight from a normal (and simple) web server (listener) context, but keep in mind that OAS uses the so-called "multi-tiered" structure...

Robert Xuequn XU

Jean De Bulge (nospam.jbulck_at_hotmail.com) wrote:
: Hi *,

: I'm wondering what's the relation between the virtual directories defined at
: cartridge (/application)-level, and the virtual directories at listener
: level.
: Do I have to re-) define the cartridge dir's at the listener?
: When I define an application (eg. PL/SQL), how do I define which listener
: will 'handle' the requests for this application?

: Thank you very much!
: J.