Changing dbname of startup database

From: Peter Gill <peter_at_gillp.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 18:41:27 -0000

I want to use the startup database that the Oracle Installation program creates, but I need to give it a different name (dbname) (otherwise I get problems when I try to create database links to other databases on the network which also have the default dbname of 'oracle').

Does anyone know how I can change the dbname either before I install Oracle or afterwards? Or is there another way round this problem?

Thanks. Received on Sat Mar 27 1999 - 12:41:27 CST