Re: Autorisation in ODBC for Oracle 7.3

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 18:17:17 +0100

In the particular example I was referring to, sqlplus was not installed on end-user pcs, the client being written in Powerbuilder. It also appeared that issuing the set role statement from Access in a pass-thru query ran in a separate session, not affecting the session the user originally started. I doubt whether you will provide sqlplus to many users, in projects I have been in, this was not customary. Your remarks are correct, but obviously you are referring to hacking.

Best Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA