Re: COMPATIBILITY flag

From: Satar <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 01:43:05 GMT

My apoligies on this post, it was worded wrong. I was responding to the post below. He was stating that if he increased this parameter and found trouble with it, can he set the setting back to the way it was.

In my mindset, I'm thinking he increases the compatibility and decides to go back the same day. My response should have been, Yes you can set this parameter back to it's original setting (granted that you didn't create and use some applications that take advantage of the features of this parameter). I've done it many times.

Regards,
Satar

Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
"Opinions are the result of the voices in my head only, and do not reflect my employer or Oracle Corporation."