Re: Cannot shutdown database normal!!!

From: Richardsons <therichardsons_at_fuse.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:56:01 -0500

I would try the following:

    startup the database and run the following command in svrmgrl/sqldba     "alter database backup controlfile to trace"     shutdown abort

    edit the trace file in the udump directory (or where your init parameter has defined user_dump_dest, for

    current query the following before shutdown " select value from v$parameter where name='user_dump_dest' "

    remove your current control files.
    start svrmgrl and run this file. Your database controlfiles should be rebuilt and the database recovered.

   In most cases this will probably solve the problem.

Rich.