Re: EMC SRDF or Advanced Replication????

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:08:55 -0800

Steve

Been there done that, but I don't have an answer for you. It's not just the transactions per minute that has a bearing here, but the overall data volume. It's a lot easier to do 3000 transactions that change 1 byte than 3000 that change 200 bytes.

The only answer with these sort of decisions is volume test, volume test, volume test. Remember SRDF is supported in synchronous mode, and that the version of Oracle you run has a big bearing too (8.1 has greater throughput than 8.0, which likewise has greater throughput than 7.3).

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                             Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA