Re: Replication problem

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:04:59 -0800

The dbms_defer_sys package which contains this procedure is created by the dbmsdefr.sql script, called by catreps.sql which is called by catrep.sql (in my 8.1.5 kernel anyway). You may be trying to create the replication pacakges with a shared pool that is too small. Check for invalid packages by issuing:

select object_name, object_type
from dba_objects
where status = 'INVALID';

and let us know the results.

HTH. Pete

behi_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> I want to setup replication environment with ORACLE 7.
>
> I found that the procedure sys.dbms_deferred_sys.register_propagator is needed
> to define the propagator. In spite that I executed the script catrep.sql, the
> procedure register_propagator does not exist in my package on the
> masterdefinition site .
>
> Who can help me to add this procedure to my package ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> rim.behi_at_excite.com

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                             Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA