Re: ora-06502 with PL/SQL

From: Gerrit-Jan Linker <gjlinker_at_litconsulting.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 20:41:16 -0000

>Is there anybody who can tell me more about this?
>
>ora 06502 PL/SQL: numeric or value error

Hi,

My OraCodes HTML help file may be of interest to you. It explains all the Oracle error codes.

Please have a look at OraCodes at http://members.aol.com/gjlinker It's completele free!

Here's what OraCodes says about 6502:

ORA-06502
ORA-06502 PL/SQL: numeric or value error

Cause: An arithmetic, numeric, string, conversion, or constraint error occurred. For example, this error occurs if an attempt is made to assign the value NULL to a variable declared NOT NULL, or if an attempt is made to assign an integer larger than 99 to a variable declared NUMBER(2).

Action: Change the data, how it is manipulated, or how it is declared so that values do not violate constraints.

Kind regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker
Developer of Oraxcel, OraCodes, OraSQL, OraDebug and OraWeb. Received on Fri Mar 26 1999 - 14:41:16 CST