Re: Hiding passwords for scripts

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 26 Mar 1999 18:54:03 GMT

  1. mkdir /opt/as_long_as_required_directory_to_trail_off_ps_line cd /opt/as_long_as_required_directory_to_trail_off_ps_line ln -s $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus sqlplus

   modify task from sqlplus use/pw to
  /opt/as_long_as_required_directory_to_trail_off_ps_line/sqlplus use/id

2. Try sqlplus @id_passwd.file @script (Cannot remember if this worked)

3. Contact oracle. They have a solution which re-spawns the command with

   a bunch of \Ms or \Rs to hide the id/passwd.

UnixDBA (unixdba_at_aol.com) wrote:
: I have automated several database tasks which use SQL*Plus to do their work.
: However, any user who does a ps on the Unix host can see the password of the
: database user while the script is running.

: Does anyone know of an intelligent way to hide the passwords for automated jobs
: which use SQL*Plus?

: Please email replies to UnixDBA_at_aol.com. Cheers!

--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job), Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use. Received on Fri Mar 26 1999 - 12:54:03 CST