Missing Privs. When executing a Package procedure.

From: César Moreno Fernández <cmoreno_at_csi.uned.es>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:23:24 +0100

Hello everybody:

   I heard that when you are executing a procedure from a Package, oracle doesn't matter your role privileges. You must have granted the privileges directly to your user, because the role privileges are missing while you are executing the procedure or function.

   I have been testing with the privileges of resource an connect role. I have tested with a procedure that create a table trigger. I couldn't until I granted enough privileges to de user.

   Does anybody know why? Is there a way to correct this?

 Thanks & Regards,

     Cesar Moreno.