Re: What's BSTAT/ESTAT?

From: Daren Jackson <daren_at_webdiego.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 05:47:24 GMT

They are two admin scripts used to baseline a database. You run utlbstat (begin statistics) and after a period of time run utlestat (end stats). Utlestat then creates a VERY detailed report to help in analyzing the database.

Daren Jackson
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)

UnixDBA wrote in message <19990325234043.11654.00000243_at_ng27.aol.com>...
>I've heard that some Oracle DBAs use a BSTAT and ESTAT to monitor their
>databases. I have been unable to find any reference to such tools in my
Oracle8