Help:ORA-06508 PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called

From: Charles R. Conti <crconti_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:10:40 -0800

I am using Oracle 7.1.?.? I have created a package with a handful of procedures, as
well as table, and row level triggers on a single table for delete and update. I am using a global package variable between the triggers to get around the mutating table problem.
All triggers and package compile with no errors. However, I seem to intermittently get the following error:

ORA-06508 PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called

 Cause:

       An attempt was made to call a stored program that could not be found.

       The program may have been dropped or incompatibly modified, or
       have compiled with errors.

 Action:
       Check that all referenced programs, including their package
bodies,
       exist and are compatible.

The stored program that the trigger is having trouble can be executed on the command line with no problem.I use the Oracle system utility to "keep" the package in shared memory, and though this is what I thought might be the problem, the error still keeps coming back.

If the package and triggers compile with no errors, can I assume that all referenced programs exist and are compatible?

Is there any debugging techniques I can use to find more about this obscure error message?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chuck Received on Thu Mar 25 1999 - 22:10:40 CST